Montane, Rab and Dakine Brands Adopt Polygiene® Odor Control Technology for Pack and Sleeping Bag Product Categories
Polygiene’s freshness technologies to enter backpack and sleeping bag product categories for the first time
MALMÖ, Sweden (July 21, 2017) – Polygiene®, the world leader in odor control and freshness technologies, announces outdoor brands Montane and Rab as new adopters of its ingredient odor technology. Polygiene’s innovative fabric treatment will be incorporated into a series of trail and alpine running packs from Montane for Spring 2018 and currently for an early Fall 2017 release of a new technical sleeping bag from Rab. This marks the first time that Polygiene has entered both the pack and sleeping bag product categories.
“We have seen consistent growth with our current brand partners increasing the role of Polygiene in their product lines as well as new brands adopting our technology,” states Colleen Nipkow, Polygiene’s Global Marketing Director. “With the trending growth of lifestyle sports and apparel, consumers require odorless solutions making the focus on the activity not the product. This is true for technical products like trail running packs and sleeping bags as well.”
For Spring 2018, Montane will launch an all new pack collection in its VIA Trail Series® featuring Polygiene permanent odor control in trail running packs for the very first time. Aimed at mountain endurance enthusiasts who enjoy aerobic trail activities, the VIA Trail Series from Montane blurs the boundary between pack and clothing.
Montane’s six new vest and one new belt pack includes:
• VIA Dragon 20 – the ultimate 20L multi day endurance trail vest pack.
• VIA Razor 15 – a featherweight 15L capacity ultra distance trail running vest pack.
• Women’s VIA Claw 14 – a featherweight, 14L capacity ultra distance trail running vest pack specifically tailored for female athletes.
• VIA Jaws 10 – a featherweight 10L ultra distance trail running vest pack that includes two Montane SoftFlasks and enlarged side stash pockets.
• VIA Fang 5 – a featherweight 5L trail running vest pack, perfect for ‘done in a day’ mountain trail runs.
• Women’s VIA Snap 4 – a featherweight 4L training running vest pack, perfect for ‘done in a day’ mountain trail runs and specifically tailored for the female athlete.
• VIA Bite 1 – a 1 l stretch fit trail running belt for short to moderate trail runs.
“With any new equipment that you use for whatever sport, a good product trait is that you don’t really notice it during use,” explains Christian von Uthmann, CEO of Polygiene. “This is the first time that Polygiene has been incorporated in trail running packs and this is what we want people to experience. We want them to enjoy their time outside, never really focusing on their equipment, breathing in the fresh outdoors and not the stink from their running pack.”
Currently, Polygiene is partnered with Rab for an early launch of a Fall 2017 technical sleeping bag, the Neutrino. The Rab Neutrino is a minimalist, down-filled sleeping bag designed for mountaineering, backpacking and multi-day adventures where the warmth-to-weight ratio is of prime concern. It becomes the first sleeping bag on the market to incorporate Polygiene’s anti-microbial fabric treatment.
Available in four weights, the Neutrino sleeping bag is hand-filled in Derbyshire with high-quality Hydrophobic European goose down. Lightweight Pertex Quantum, a lightweight yet durable fabric to ensure maximum loft without increasing the weight.
The Rab Neutrino models are available in:
• The Neutrino 200 has a Rab Sleep Limit of 35°F
• The Neutrino 400, has a Rab Sleep Limit of 25°F
• The Neutrino 600, has a Rab Sleep Limit of 10°F
• The Neutrino 800, has a Rab Sleep Limit of -4°F
Von Uthmann remarks, “Our partnership with Rab marks the first time Polygiene technology has been incorporated into a highly technical and performance driven sleeping bag collection.”
Lastly for Spring ‘18, Dakine will introduce a new fanny pack designed for biking, the Hot Laps Stealth. The Hot Laps Stealth will incorporate a Polygiene treated 3D mesh for odor control breathability, elastic daisy chain tool organizer, fleece-lined phone pocket, key clip, spare tube pocket and an offset waist buckle with stretch panel for added comfort.
Polygiene is a bluesign® approved, silver-salt treatment for textiles. Derived from recycled content (silver mostly from used electronics), Polygiene reduces the need for frequent laundering, saving water and energy, as well as time, over the life cycle of apparel. To find out more about Polygiene and its extensive list of partners using Polygiene technology, please visit www.polygiene.com.
An assortment from the Polygiene collection will be on display next week, July 26-29, 2017, at the Concept III booth #40051 at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City.
John L. DiCuollo, Backbone Media
970-963-4873, ext. 118